The following Winter Firework Displays are currently scheduled as part of events across the city. These professionally licensed shows have received permits from the Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue.
The city asks individuals to refrain from setting off personal fireworks. Remember fireworks that leave the ground, explode or fragment, and similar more powerful fireworks are illegal in Colorado without a permit.
Please Respect Vets, Pets & Neighbors.
|Firework Displays||Event||Location||Estimated Time|
|Thursday, July 4||4th of July Celebration||Howelsen Hill||9PM|
Some individuals have sensitivity to fireworks, especially the loud noises that accompany them. The following provides links to information to help people cope with fireworks, such as veterans with PTSD, individuals with Autism or anxiety around fireworks in general.
With loud noises, like fireworks, the shelter receives several stray animals. To help your pet get through these events or to quickly be reunited, the Routt County Humane Society suggests the following:
- Take your pet for long walk during the morning/early afternoon. It helps them get exercise, tires them out and they take care of business. That evening, they can remain indoors where it’s calm and quite.
- It’s best to leave you pet at home, especially during loud, crowded events like the parades or fireworks.
- DO NOT leave pets in vehicles or unattended in town.
- Never use fireworks around your pets
- Ensure your pet is wearing an identification collar with current contact details. Many pets also get a microchip as an added step.
- Report Animal Issues
- An animal complaint or animal emergency, contact Steamboat Springs Animal Control at 970.879.1144.
- For a lost or missing animal, call the Routt County Humane Society Animal Shelter at 970.879.7247 with a description of your pet, their name and your contact information.
Additional Pet Information