Records and Requests for Information

Request Public Records Online Button copy Opens in new windowNOTE: Fees are applicable to Open Records Requests per City Council Resolution 2007-39.

  • Non-refundable deposit required for all requests estimated $50 or more. Payable in advance, $25 per $50 request.
  • First 4 pages – free, per requester, per year, excluding 24x36
  • Additional pages - $.25 each (8.5x11, 8.5x14, 11x17), $.30 each (color), $5 each (24x36)
  • Duplication of tapes/discs - $30/item
  • Clerks research/retrieval fee – first hour free, then $30/hour (in addition to copy/scan fees)

The Colorado Open Records Act, also referred to as CORA (C.R.S 24-72-201 et seq.), requires that most public records are available to the public. The City Clerk's office is committed to transparency and open government.

The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining all historical, administrative, and legal documents related to the City of Steamboat Springs. Many of the records are available and accessible for citizens by request, as provided by CORA. Some city documents are confidential and privileged and may be withheld by law.

Request Public Records

  • Check if request is already available.

Some previous requests and responsive documents are viewable online. You may even find what you're looking for without having to submit a new request.

  • Create a New Request.

If you can't find an existing request that has what you're looking for, you can create a new request. When making a request, it helps to be as specific as possible. 

We strongly recommend including all the following specifics:

  • Brower - Best viewed on Microsoft Edge
  • Contact information – i.e.: name, phone number, email address, etc.
  • Date range for request - date ranges help with results that may be overly broad and that could result in responses that may contain thousands of documents.
  • Key words or key terms - for electronic records, key words and search terms that are overly broad may result in responses that contain thousands of 
  • For Police records (i.e., arrest, traffic collision, and incident reports), contact the Police Department.
  • Some city documents are confidential and privileged and may be withheld by law.
Request Public Records Online Button copy