Three Step Guide to Submitting a New Project
Step by step instructions to submit a complete, development review application.
STEP 1. Schedule a pre-submittal meeting with the Planner of the Day.
- This step is required and can be done in person, over the phone or via email depending on the complexity of the project. A pre-submittal meeting will help you make sure you’re preparing the correct materials without wasting time on requirements that don’t apply to your project.
- There are four pre-submittal meeting slots available every Tuesday at 10:00, 10:30, 11:00 and 11:30. TAC reviewers including but not limited to Engineering, Utilities and Fire can be available for these meetings. Please call or email to make an appointment.
- The Planner will provide a marked up submittal requirement form specifically for your project but for reference, you can view all possible submittal requirements for your project type in the Form Center.
STEP 2. Assemble materials.
- Once you’ve had your pre-submittal meeting, it’s time to start gathering your submittal requirements. Don’t forget the Application Form (PDF).
- Depending on your project and skill set, you may want to work with a design professional and/or surveyor to help generate the required plans and/or plat. The submittal requirement form provided by the Planner will state how many copies are required and on what paper sizes.
- Waiver. If you believe any of the report submittal requirements should not be required for your project, now is the time to get an approved waiver from Public Works. Without an approved waiver, your submittal will not be considered complete. The Waiver Form (PDF) is available.
STEP 3. Submit your project.
- Submitting your project is a two-step process. Here are all the parameters for uploading your digital documents and submitting hard copies as well as payment.
- Upload digital files through the portal. This is the first step to submitting your project. You can access the new project submittal portal.
- Deadline: New projects are due every Friday at 11:30 a.m. in order to go to TAC the following Tuesday.
- Naming convention: At the pre-submittal meeting, the Planner of the Day assigned a PS-XX-XX code. It’s located at the top right of your marked up submittal requirements form. Use that code to name each PDF followed by the name of the document. Also, please make sure to upload each submittal requirement as a separate PDF, that is each line item is a separate PDF. Here’s an example:
- PS-16-01_Site Plan
Submit hard copies. This is the last step to submit your project.
- Location: Submit hard copies to office. The physical address is 124 10th Street Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. If you’re mailing hard copies, please send to PO Box 775088 Steamboat Springs, CO 80477.
- Payment: The City of Steamboat Springs accepts cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to the City of Steamboat Springs. Please submit your payment along with your hardcopies.
- Deadline: new projects are due every Friday at 11:30 a.m. in order to go to TAC the following Tuesday. The Planning Department must receive both hardcopies and digital files in order for the submittal to be complete and disseminated to TAC.
Detailed informational handouts are available in the Form Center to help you assemble a complete submittal. If you have further questions please contact the Planner of the Day.