Summons & Complaint


The Steamboat Springs Police Department writes tickets into either the Steamboat Springs Municipal Court or the Routt County Combined Courts, depending on the violation. 

  • The Steamboat Springs Municipal Court hears traffic infractions and ordinance violations. 
  • The Routt County Combined Court hears traffic offenses and civil cases under $25,000, misdemeanors, traffic infractions, felony complaints (which may be sent to district court), protection orders, and small claims.

Your ticket should be checked for which court you are to attend. If the ticket was issued by a Routt County Sheriff or State Trooper in Routt County, you are scheduled at the Routt County Court.

The Steamboat Springs Municipal Court also dockets parking matters.

What if I lost my ticket?

You may call either of the courts to see if you are in their database, bearing in mind that if you are not, it doesn’t mean that you weren’t given a valid ticket. Your ticket might not appear because the court hasn’t gotten it yet, or you have contacted the wrong court. If you have lost your parking ticket, call the Steamboat Springs Municipal Court.