Routt County 5 Star Program
|ROUTT COUNTY HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY THE STATE TO RUN THE 5 STAR PROGRAM. APPLICATIONS AND SITE INSPECTIONS ARE PRELIMINARY WORK BEING DONE PRIOR TO STATE APPROVAL. THE 5 STAR ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE WILL NOTIFY APPLICANTS WHEN STATE APPROVAL IS RECEIVED. COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DOES NOT MEAN THAT A BUSINESS IS ELIGIBLE TO OPERATE AT LOWER LEVELS. BUSINESSES MUST COMPLY WITH CURRENT MITIGATION RESTRICTIONS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. IF A BUSINESS OPERATES AT A LOWER LEVEL BEFORE RECEIVING CERTIFICATION, THE BUSINESS MAY BE SUBJECT TO PENALTIES INCLUDING EXCLUSION FROM THE FIVE STAR PROGRAM.|
The 5 Star State Certification is a program set up at the county or municipality level through an administrative committee who is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing the program. It encourages businesses to implement safety measures beyond what is already required by public health orders and guidelines that will help slow the spread of COVID-19. In doing so, businesses will be able to accelerate their reopening.
Depending on where their county or municipality falls on the COVID-19 dial, certified businesses are eligible for less restrictive capacity caps. 5 Star certification reassures employees and customers that businesses are adhering to enhanced guidance. The program is completely voluntary and also serves as an expanding directory of establishments recognized for their efforts to keep their communities safe and open.
If the state approved Routt County's 5 Star Program, local businesses would be able to operate at a level below the current dial designation.
Routt County Application and Certification Timeline
- Applications are open. The application details the enhanced mitigation protocols that businesses must follow for inclusion in the 5 Star program.
- 5 Star Administration Committee review of applications will begin the week of January 4.
- Within 72 hours of application approval, site inspections will be scheduled.
- Site inspection reports will be sent to the Administration Committee for final review.
- Once state allows the program to function in Routt County, businesses who have been pre-approved, can operate at a level less restrictive than the current status ONLY UPON receiving certification from the Administration Committee.
- Upon successful application and inspection, applicants will receive a 5 Star Certificate and begin operating under the 5 Star parameters immediately. The 5 Star Certificate must be posted in a highly visible location at or near the entrance to the establishment.
* Businesses that pass inspections, CANNOT operate in level less restrictive until the state approves Routt County to participate in the program.
Routt County Site Inspections
- Call or EMAIL Routt County Public Health Augmentation Team to schedule a site inspection - 970-871-8444.
- The goal of the site inspections is to confirm first-hand that the business is following 5 Star enhanced mitigation protocol.
- After receiving 5 Star certification from the Administration Committee, businesses should be prepared for subsequent inspections to confirm the business is following the enhanced mitigation protocol required per the 5 Star program.
Routt County Program Lifespan
If Routt County sees a rise in COVID cases or hospitalizations, then the program may be suspended. It is vitally important that case numbers and hospitalizations continue the downward trend made possible by the community’s previous hard work. For business owners’ purposes, this will be possible only through compliance with the enhanced mitigation protocol of the 5 Star Program.
Routt County Revocation of Certifications
A business will lose its 5 Star certification if it violates Public Health Orders and/or the terms of the 5 Star program. Reports will be reviewed by the Administration Committee and revocation of certificates will be determined by the committee. View Application (PDF) - Must apply via link below.