Planning & Community Development
At this time, the department has implemented the following policies and procedures to continue providing service to the public while access to city facilities are closed:
- Development applications will continue to be accepted online through the portal. Fees can be paid either by credit card over the phone or by check with an appointment only. Hard copy submittals will not be accepted at this time.
- Contact Michael Fitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-871-8231 with submittal questions or to pay an application fee.
- Public notice signs, letters, and envelopes will be made available for pick up during scheduled times or by appointment only.
- New applications and resubmittals will be distributed to the Development Review Team at least twice per week.
- Development review will continue; however, there will be no in-person Development Review Team meetings. Project managers will communicate with applicants about anticipated review timeline changes and any foreseeable delays, if applicable.
- Staff will be available by phone and email.
Engaging, serving and collaborating with our community to achieve sustainable economic, social and environmental success.
Just as development decisions made 10, 20 or 50 years ago often affect the way Steamboat Springs looks today, current development decisions will have an impact in the future. Using the community’s long-range plans as a guide, Planning and Community Development strives to ensure growth and development that enhances our quality of life and promotes the community’s vision for the future.
View the Current Projects Map and stay informed of proposed development activity near you.
Community Impact Projects
Development Review Process Updates
Updated Development Application Fees
We have updated the Development Application Fee Schedule effective January 1, 2020. Find the current Fee Schedule in our Form Center.
Sign Code Update
Mountain Area Master Plan
The City will be kicking off the Mountain Area Master Plan process in February 2020! Sign up to receive notifications from the department and stay tuned for updates.
Entry Corridor Overlay Zone Adoption
Public Meeting Agendas
View upcoming agendas and packets for Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, City Council and the Board of Adjustment.
What We Do
We are responsible for:
- Long-range planning
- Development and land use review
- Code compliance
- Historic preservation
Vision & Values
To receive news and updates from the Planning Department, sign up here.