NOTICE * NOTICE * NOTICE * NOTICE * NOTICE *
Court cases set for June 3 will be handled by phone and email.
- Anyone scheduled for court in June MUST contact the court on or before their appearance date.
- Court may be contacted at 871-8277, Monday through Thursday, from 8am to 5pm. Remember, the office is CLOSED to public access.
You may pay any payable offenses online at this page or over the phone at 871-8277. Please read the back of your citation for further payment information.
The Steamboat Springs Municipal Court handles traffic cases, municipal code violations, and parking tickets. The court has original jurisdiction over all misdemeanor municipal code and traffic violations occurring within the city limits of the City of Steamboat Springs.
Citations issued by the State Patrol, Routt County Sheriff, as well as some specific Steamboat Springs Police matters, are heard at the Routt County Combined Courts. Your ticket will state where you are to appear.
Municipal Court convenes at 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month in Centennial Hall, 124 10th Street. Please arrive early enough to sign in, as cases are heard on a first-come, first-served basis. Payable fines may be settled prior to the scheduled court date by calling the Municipal Court Clerk at 970-871-8277. Parking protests are heard prior to court, dependent on the parking docket. Call 970-871-8277 to be added to the docket. Parking protests may be heard on a drop-in basis after the 5 p.m. court advisements.
All other payments and parking tickets may be paid by:
- Phone: Call 970-871-8277 and pay via credit card
- Mail: Follow the instructions on your ticket and pay with a personal check or money order. Please reference your ticket number on your check and include a copy of your ticket.
- In Person: At City Hall, 137 10th Street. After hours payments can be made in the outside drop box.
For more information about municipal court or information regarding moving violations, fine payments, bench warrants, parking tickets and parking ticket fines, or plea bargains, stop by the Municipal Court Clerk's office in City Hall at 137 10th Street or call 970-871-8277.