Steamboat Springs Municipal Court will be closed to in-person sessions through January 30, 2021.
Those who have pending cases must contact the Court regarding their case prior to their court date by phone, 970.871.8277 or email email@example.com
During the closure, the Court also orders the following, to be in effect while the Court is closed to the public:
- Speedy trail will be tolled on all cases in which a plea of 'not guilty' has already been entered, effective immediately and continuing until the Court is reopened to the public.
- Restitution will be reserved in all cased for 91 days. The 91-day period will start upon disposition/resolution of the case.
- The Court will take judicial notice of the registry of action, full Court entries, notes in the Court file and/or the record to establish identification of the defendant as the individual who received communication from the Court regarding any action taken on the case.
- This order authorizes the Court Clerk to resolve traffic and parking tickets consistent with the parameter provided by the City Attorney's Office.
Phone appointments with the prosecutor are available prior to your court date if you want to try to resolve your case without coming to court. Please contact the court at 970 871 8277.
You may pay any payable offenses online at this page or over the phone. Please see the back of your ticket copy for further court information.
ATTORNEYS: If you plan to attend, please contact the court prior to your court date.
JUVENILES: You must bring one guardian and may only bring one guardian.
ALL PARTIES: Click HERE for court night information and disclosures
The Steamboat Springs Municipal Court handles traffic cases, municipal code violations, and parking tickets. The court has original jurisdiction over all misdemeanor municipal code and traffic violations occurring within the city limits of the City of Steamboat Springs.
Citations issued by the State Patrol, Routt County Sheriff, as well as some specific Steamboat Springs Police matters, are heard at the Routt County Combined Courts. Your ticket will state where you are to appear.
Municipal Court convenes at 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month in Centennial Hall, 124 10th Street. Please arrive early enough to sign in, as cases are heard on a first-come, first-served basis. Payable fines may be settled prior to the scheduled court date by calling the Municipal Court Clerk at 970-871-8277. Parking protests are heard prior to court, dependent on the parking docket. Call 970-871-8277 to be added to the docket. Parking protests may be heard on a drop-in basis after the 5 p.m. court advisements.
Payments (Tickets) may also be paid by:
- Phone: Call 970-871-8277 and pay via credit card
- Mail: Follow the instructions on your ticket and pay with a personal check or money order. Please reference your ticket number on your check and include a copy of your ticket.
- In Person: At City Hall, 137 10th Street. After hours payments can be made in the outside drop box.
For more information about municipal court or information regarding moving violations, fine payments, bench warrants, parking tickets and parking ticket fines, or plea bargains, stop by the Municipal Court Clerk's office in City Hall at 137 10th Street or call 970-871-8277.