Routt County 5 Star Program
|The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) approved Routt County’s 5-Star Program on Wednesday, March 3, 2021.|
The 5 Star State Certification is a program set up at the county or municipality level through an administrative committee who is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing the program. It encourages businesses to implement safety measures beyond what is already required by public health orders and guidelines that will help slow the spread of COVID-19. In doing so, businesses will be able to accelerate their reopening.
Depending on where their county or municipality falls on the COVID-19 dial, certified businesses are eligible for less restrictive capacity caps. 5 Star certification reassures employees and customers that businesses are adhering to enhanced guidance. The program is completely voluntary and also serves as an expanding directory of establishments recognized for their efforts to keep their communities safe and open.
Under Routt County's 5 Star Program, local businesses would be able to operate at a level below the current dial designation.
Approved Routt County 5 Star Businesses
- BK Corral
- Cafe Diva
- Catamount Ranch & Club (Lake House)
- Corner Slice
- Dude and Dan's Bar and Grill
- Elevation Dance Studio
- Four Points Lodge
- Grand Hotel Events
- Gondola Pub and Grill
- Johnny B. Good's Diner
- Moe's Original BBQ
- Mountain Tap Brewery
- Old Town Hot Springs
- Otto Pint
- Parks & Recreation
- Rendezvous Lodge
- Sheraton Steamboat Resort Village
- Steamboat Powdercats
- Storm Peak Brewing Company
- The Barley
- The Cabin
- The Egg
- Timber & Torch
- Vista Verde Guest Ranch
- Yoga Center of Steamboat
Routt County Application and Certification Timeline
- Applications are open. The application details the enhanced mitigation protocols that businesses must follow for inclusion in the 5 Star program.
- Within 72 hours of application approval, site inspections will be scheduled.
- Site inspection reports will be sent to the Administration Committee for final review.
- Upon successful application and inspection, applicants will receive a 5 Star Certificate and begin operating under the 5 Star parameters immediately. The 5 Star Certificate must be posted in a highly visible location at or near the entrance to the establishment.
Routt County Site Inspections
- Call or EMAIL Routt County Public Health Augmentation Team to schedule a site inspection - 970-871-8444.
- The goal of the site inspections is to confirm first-hand that the business is following 5 Star enhanced mitigation protocol.
- After receiving 5 Star certification from the Administration Committee, businesses should be prepared for subsequent inspections to confirm the business is following the enhanced mitigation protocol required per the 5 Star program.
Eligibility & Capacity
Eligibility and capacity levels are dependent on the county’s current dial level.
- Counties in Level Green have an automatic capacity increase in the Protect Our Neighbors framework.
- Counties in Level Blue are eligible if county incidence, percent positivity, and hospitalizations ALL meet the Blue level. If approved, certified businesses can operate with an additional 50 people added to their cap.
- Counties in Level Yellow are eligible if county incidence, percent positivity, and hospitalizations ALL meet the Yellow level. If approved, certified businesses can operate at Blue capacity levels.
- Counties in Level Orange are eligible if county incidence, percent positivity, and hospitalizations ALL meet the Orange level. If approved, certified businesses can operate at Yellow capacity levels.
- Counties in Level Red are eligible ONLY if a county has had a 2-week sustained decline in incidence, percent positivity, and hospitalizations. If approved, certified businesses can operate at Orange capacity levels.
- Counties in Level Purple are not eligible for the variance program. “
Routt County Program Lifespan
If Routt County sees a rise in COVID cases or hospitalizations, then the program may be suspended. It is vitally important that case numbers and hospitalizations continue the downward trend made possible by the community’s previous hard work. For business owners’ purposes, this will be possible only through compliance with the enhanced mitigation protocol of the 5 Star Program.
Routt County Revocation of Certifications
A business will lose its 5 Star certification if it violates Public Health Orders and/or the terms of the 5 Star program. Reports will be reviewed by the Administration Committee and revocation of certificates will be determined by the committee. View Application (PDF) - Must apply via link below.